Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Checking In! - 3 things that are keepin' me busy!

I feel like I have been totally MIA lately!  Back to school has me hoppin'!  I just wanted to check in and let y'all know what I have been up to. Here are three exciting things that are currently happening:

1)  LearningHeadphones.com
I recently met up with the nice folks over at LearningHeadphones.com.  When I heard all the cool features their headphones offer, I knew I needed some for my classroom.  I was so excited to get my new headphones last week.  I was really surprised to see all the things that make these headphones different from other brands I have bought in the past.  Right off, I noticed the cord.  It is covered with a really tough fabric.  This detail lets me know that these babies are going to be durable!  I know they will really hold up to my 24 firsties.  I also love that these headphones have a built-in microphone!  I have never had headphones with a mic before!  I have some REALLY cool plans for that.  I am busy testing them out in my classroom and I will let you know all about it very soon!  The headphones are adjustable and the mic easily folds out of the way when it is not being used.  What I love most is the fact that these headphones were made for students!  There are so many features that make them perfect for the classroom.   I am really excited to find new uses for them in my classroom.  I am creating a label on my blog so that you can easily stay posted about how I am using my Learning Headphones.  Just click on "LearningHeadphones.com" on the right hand side of this blog.  If you want to see the model that I have, click here to check them out!

2) Interactive Notebooks
I have been making interactive notebook pages for my kiddos for the past couple of years.  This year, we are REALLY into it!  The truth is, after ten years in first grade, I need a change!  I am getting so tired of the same old thing.  I am bored with my curriculum.  Notebooking is adding so much more fun to the classroom for me and my kiddos.  I have made literally hundreds of pages, but I never sell my pages because I don't feel like my whole notebook is "finished".  Today, I had a really great idea.  I am going to sell my pages as "add-ons".  You can use them to enhance any notebook that you are currently using.  I have lots of super pages that I will be posting very soon.  I am excited to share them with you!

3)  Life!
My life has been so busy lately!  My daughters are all in school.  Lilly is in kinder, Emma is in 7th and Sierra is a junior.  They are so busy with sports, clubs, and homework.  I feel like I am always on the run.  My class is so sweet this year.  I am always shocked by how young first graders seem at the beginning of the year.  This is such a huge year of growth!  The quote of the day was "I wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine, so I kicked him in the nuggets."  Oh, first graders!!!  Gotta love 'em!

I am tired, but so excited about all the things happening in my classroom and in my life.  There are a lot of cool projects in the works right now.  I will blog about them soon!

Until next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment