It's time to Move IT!

Last year, I had a little guy who as REALLY wiggly!  He would not work for me.  Ever had a kid like that?  He was like Tigger - BOING!  BOING!  BOING!  All that bouncing makes it hard to hold a pencil!  I made Move It games as a compromise.  We do a bit of work then get up and move!  It's a win-win!  I made these games for one, but they ALL loved them! 

Move It games are PowerPoint that have built-in brain breaks.  There are animated timers and sound effects.  In these pictures, we were playing Beginning Sounds Move It.  I have these games for tons of reading and math skills.  My kiddos usually use dry erase boards to show their work.  I love this because I can do a quick assessment.  It is a great opportunity to talk out our thinking - how did we get our answers, what strategies did we use.  


Show your answers!
Desk Push-Ups!


Show your answers!
Stretches!

Run in place!  See the timer on the board?
Show your answers!















We work our brains then our bodies - brains then bodies - brains then bodies. We can do these activities for a long or short period of time. We don't need to "finish" the entire PowerPoint. If we have just ten or 15 minutes, this is a great time filler. I usually spend lots of time talking about each question and I can spend 45 minutes doing Move It activities and not even get to the end. We repeat the same games again and again because they are good practice. 

I have a bunch of these games that are plain and great to use any time of year. 




















I also have some fun theme games.  There are some fun Pirate Move It games.  These include fun activities like "Hop on yer peg leg!".  There is pirate music and a parrot squawks to get back to the game. 




I have Ocean themed games where kids will "wiggle their tentacles" and more to wipe-out music.  A shark swims across the screen to signal them to get back to work. 



I have Halloween games and will be releasing more holidays and other fun themes. 

 




This is a terrific way to practice skills with your kiddos and have fun at the same time!   Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about these activities! 



No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Template by pipdig | Logo Design by Christi Fultz