Today's big accomplishments were moving two huge cabinets. I have had a large white cabinet in my room since I moved in. Why get rid of it?
- It is white and I am converting to maple and birch.
- It is right next to my new cabinets and made the area feel crowded. It is really deep.
- It had SO much junk in it! I filled a large trash bag, sent a box of treasures to our teacher resource room, and kept a small pile that still needs to find a new home.
|This cabinet is actually much bigger than it looks in the photo!|
|Hooray! It is empty!|
|I used pant hangers to hold anchor charts. This worked really well!|
Last summer, my school bought me this cabinet from Discount School Supply. I call it "The Big Daddy" because this guy is BIG- 74 inches tall and 48 inches wide! I did not get the tubs that come with it. I found some clear tubs from Walmart that fit PERFECTLY! This cabinet was across the room and I liked where it was. So, why move it?
- I really want to focus on one area at a time, and don't want to spend the money on another cabinet.
- The birch will look great with my new cabinets.
- It is only 15 inches deep, so it would make the area feel less crowded.
I don't love the look of the junk in the clear tubs, so I made little labels for my bins. I have lots of Poppin Patterns prints so I made the labels match. I cut black paper to fit my tubs, glued a cut-out on each paper, and then laminated. I did not write on the labels before I laminated them because I want to be able to change what they say. I have made labels in the past and then decided that I could condense two things or needed to add something and I didn't have matching labels. That bums me out! I left these blank and will write on them with Vis-A-Vis pens so that I am able to change them as needed.
Getting these cabinets moved was a HUGE accomplishment. I have made a BIG mess in my room. I need to start finding new homes for the many things that have been displaced by my makeover. I don't want to put very much in my cabinets until the counter tops are installed. I am also going to get upper cabinets over the summer and will be able to put lots of my treasures in them.
So much work to do, but I really do love it!!! I am so excited to see things coming together. I will blog more as I make more progress.
|The old "kitchen" station.|
|The new "kitchen" station!|
|Piles everywhere!!! I can't wait to get it cleaned up!|