A Walk Around the School - Mr. Adams 5th Grade

I know how fun it is to look at other classrooms and get ideas for set-up, organization, and bulletin boards.  I have decided to start sharing pictures of some wonderful things that are happening at my school.  This is the first of many blog posts that will feature photos from classrooms at my school.  This classroom belongs to Mr. Adams in fifth grade.  Adams is new to my school and has set-up an amazing classroom.  In the lower grades, we don't do a lot with science and social studies.  These subjects are the influence for his classroom theme.  Perfect for fifth grade!  I snapped some pictures of some of my favorite things about his classroom.

This area is in the back of the room.  I love how organized everything is.  Mr. Adams has lots of resources, but they don't feel cluttered or messy because they are organized so well on the shelves.


I am crazy about these huge paperclips on his wall!  I have never seen these before!  He said he found them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  They are perfect for this area because they can easily display flyers and current events and you don't need to bother with staples.  I found them online!  Click here for the link!


This is a view from the front of the classroom.  Mr. Adams has arranged the desks in rows that angle back to form a V shape.  I can't believe how much bigger this made the room look! 


In this shot we can see the computer stations.  I love how Adams used the wall space above the computers to hang charts.  This just looks like an area that will really function well for the students.


Mr. Adams has used the space below his board to display US presidents.  I have seen this bulletin board set displayed in classrooms before, but it never felt so "clean" to me.  He has this displayed in a way that is symmetrical, completely straight, and evenly spaced.  I am so bad at hanging things that I usually try to go for the "wonky" look.  Can you see how he has angled the presidents up on the end?  It looks perfect and what a great use for this space!

When I am in Mr. Adams' room, the longer I linger, the more things I discover.  He has this little solar system hung on the ceiling.  Planets are spaced proportionately.  It is small and subtle.  I love all these special details that Mr. Adams has put in his classroom. 


Isn't it fun looking at what other teachers are doing?  I am going to get some more classrooms for you guys.  There are lots of cool ones at my school.  I can't wait to share them with you!

To Mr. Adams,
 Thanks so much for letting me share your classroom with other teachers.  You have put a lot of work into creating such a wonderful space for your students.  

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Template by pipdig | Logo Design by Christi Fultz